PRIVATE PRACTICE IN GENERAL ADULT PSYCHIATRY - IRVINE, CALIFORNIA
Dr. Choy has been in private practice since 2004. She is the President of the Orange County Psychiatric Society and a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Society. She was honored by the Orange County Medication Association with the Physician of Excellence Award in 2016. She is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry on volunteer faculty at the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior at University of California, Irvine.
Dr. Choy is board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and credentialed to conduct cognitive behavioral therapy by the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. She strives to provide the highest standard of care and offers individualized one-to-one psychiatric treatment and therapy for adults 18 years and older.
Dr. Choy treats a range of psychiatric disorders, including anxiety, depression and bipolar disorder. She has an expertise in anxiety disorders, and specializes in the integration of medication and cognitive behavioral therapy for the treatment of Depression, Social Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. She also has a special interest in health-related anxiety and college mental health.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed below or have other mood or anxiety symptoms not mentioned, please contact Dr. Choy for a consultation.
- constant anxiety, nervousness or jitteriness
- excessive worries about your health, family, work, friends or finance
- frequent anxiety or panic attacks
- fears or phobias about things or situations that others are not afraid of
- overly anxious in social or performance situations, such as meeting strangers, dating, interacting with colleagues, being assertive or giving a speech
- depressed mood or not enjoying pleasurable activities the way you used to
- stressed or overwhelmed by family responsibilities or school/work related activities
- insomnia or difficulty in concentration because of depression, anxiety or worries
- relationship issues with intimate partners, family, close friends and/or colleagues
OFFICE POLICIES and Fees (fees, insurance, office hours, etc.) Click Here
PATIENT EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
Social Anxiety Disorder
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
American Psychiatric Association (APA)
Anxiety and Depression Association of America Disorders (ADAA) An organization that promotes the prevention and treatment of anxiety disorders. Go to www.ADAA.org to learn more about anxiety and related disorders.